“Leaders Are Not Born, They Are Made”
Family Martial Arts Centres teaches the traditional martial art of Tang Soo Do, which is concerned with all areas of personal development including mental, physical and spiritual growth.
Leaders are not born, they are made and here at our academy the Blackbelt Leadership programme has been designed to teach students, whether they are 4 or 40 to develop into the type of person that is always prepared to do their absolute best and become an example for others to follow. This is the true meaning for the rank of Blackbelt Leader.
In every social setting there are leaders and there are followers. And the best way to safeguard your child against unhealthy peer pressure and dangerous situations, is to build their confidence so they always make the best choices, like deciding on appropriate behavious and making the right friends that will help them develop into the person you would like them to become. This is our goal at Family Martial Arts Centres.
The 12 Leadership skills of a Blackbelt Leader are:
1. Vision – “Vision is what seperates leaders from followers.”
2. Action – “Actions speak louder than words.”
3. Confidence – “Confidence begins with a smile.”
4. Charisma – “You only get one chance to make a first impression.”
5. Motivation – “Motivation is the key to success.”
6. Creativity – “Don’t let your past results limit your future achievemnets. The past does not equal the future.”
7. Communication – “The quality of your life is in direct proportion to the quality of your communication.”
8. Courage – “Courage comes from the heart not from the fist.”
9. Persistence – “Persistence is a measure of ones self-belief.”
10. Trust – “Trust is the guidance of your instructor.”
11. Passion – “Blackbelt Leaders share their passions with everyone.”
12. Strategy – “Failing to plan is planning to fail.”
Being a Blackbelt Leader means much more than having the ability to defend yourself. It is about successfully dealing with life’s challenges head and having the confidence and self-belief that you can succeed in life and achieve all your goals.
The Next Step
To find out how we can develop leaders you can either leave your details on the form opposite, or
There are classes to suit all age ranges, and if you all want to train together we also offer Family Classes
What Our Students Say
My son came to the classes 9 months ago and has achieved so much in his confidence and discipline. I personally think this is a professional, organised class. With mixed classes of children and adults which help with the childrens confidence. It has a very friendly atmosphere with extra activities out of class times.
James has shown more maturity since joining hopefully this will continue. James has also shown commitment to a single activity, with no signs of vareing yet.
As a family we have really enjoyed training at family martial arts centres. We have found that the lessons have something for each of us so that we are all interested in what we are doing.
Since Chloe started the leadership course her confidence has increased considerably. She has become more committed to different aspects of her life. She positively enjoys all the sessions.
I feel that Adam has gained confidence and respect to others, he has also gained self discipline which has helped him to perform better at school and its fantastic to see how Family Martial Arts Centres has helped my son.
Tiger Tots has helped my son's confidence and he really enjoys being part of a team. He also enjoys filling in his home self-improvement charts, which really help me control his behaviour at home.